Tobacco treatment specialists (TTSs) are professionals who possess the skills, knowledge and training to provide effective, evidence-based interventions for tobacco dependence. In other words, these individuals have a wide range of expertise that can help you quit nicotine addiction. The Heart Network congratulates the following organizations and people for helping to build tobacco treatment capacity in our communities:
- Citizen Advocates: Michele Sauve, BSN-RN, Amanda Baker and Emily Gokey
- Mental Health Association of Essex County: Katherine Collien
- St. Joseph’s Rehabilitation Center: Melissa Allen, RN, Christina St. Denis, RN, and William Marinis, RPA-C
- St. Lawrence Psychiatric Center: Lucy L. Merkley, MSN-RN, Amy Sawyer, LMHC, Angela Ward, RN, and Stephanie Macaulay, RN
- Seaway Valley Prevention Council: Travis Jordan, Chelsea LeBeau and Samantha Stone
These specialists — and the organizations they represent — are part of a new regional network of people trained to treat nicotine addiction: North Country Nicotine Consultants. We encourage you to learn more — get in touch anytime by calling (518) 891-5855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.