North Country smokers looking to quit now have more support in the form of newly trained tobacco treatment specialists at provider offices across the region.
Tobacco treatment specialists (TTSs) are professionals who possess the skills, knowledge and training to provide effective, evidence-based interventions for tobacco dependence. In other words, these individuals have a wide range of expertise that can help you quit nicotine addiction. The Heart Network congratulates the following organizations and people for helping to build tobacco treatment capacity in our communities:
- Citizen Advocates: Michele Sauve, BSN-RN, Amanda Baker and Emily Gokey
- Mental Health Association of Essex County: Katherine Collien
- St. Joseph’s Rehabilitation Center: Melissa Allen, RN, Christina St. Denis, RN, and William Marinis, RPA-C
- St. Lawrence Psychiatric Center: Lucy L. Merkley, MSN-RN, Amy Sawyer, LMHC, Angela Ward, RN, and Stephanie Macaulay, RN
- Seaway Valley Prevention Council: Travis Jordan, Chelsea LeBeau and Samantha Stone
These specialists — and the organizations they represent — will become part of the North Country Tobacco Treatment Network, a regional network of people interested in increasing access to nicotine cessation. We encourage you to learn more — get in touch anytime by calling (518) 891-5855 or email email@example.com.
Leave a Reply