The North Country Healthy Heart Network relies on passionate, dedicated people to carry out its mission to build foundations for healthy communities.
Project Coordinator, Health Systems for a Tobacco Free North Country
The goal of the Health Systems for a Tobacco Free North Country is to increase the number of health systems that establish and monitor implementation of evidence-based tobacco dependence treatment policies.
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) plus three years of experience in a nonprofit organization, medical or behavioral health care organization. Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel throughout the service area. Professional behavior.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with targeted healthcare and behavioral health system administrators in target counties
- Research quality measures and reimbursement requirements that leverage integrated tobacco treatment in daily practice
- Secure memorandum of understanding with administrators to work towards a tobacco treatment policy, standard of care and/or quality initiative
- Identify pathways, steps and benchmarks, to achieve policy, standard of care, and/or quality initiative
- Carry out identified Heart Network responsibilities identified in each MOU. These may include:
- Training: Presentations that advance administrator/provider knowledge of evidence-based tobacco dependence treatment found in the Clinical Practice Guideline, Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence, 2008 Update
- Technical assistance on how to improve office systems & electronic health records to prompt the documentation and provision of evidence-based tobacco dependence treatment
- Provide incentives which may include patient education materials, NYS Smokers’ Quitline materials and nicotine replacement therapy
- Record progress of each health system and provide periodic updates to administrators.
- Identify existing advisory boards or organizations that have influence over targeted health systems
- Mobilize advisory boards/organizations to formally support evidence-based treatment of tobacco throughout health system(s) via position statement or other means of communication
- Partner with advisory board/organization and facilitate the sharing of the position statement internally, within the health system and publicly as appropriate
- Nurture relationships with local media representatives to pitch a story and disseminate information regarding tobacco control initiatives and progress
- Participate in weekly grant staff meetings
- Participate in agency planning and program development meetings related to this grant
- Report directly to the Executive Director
- All other duties as assigned
- Maintain ethical, professional conduct at all times
If interested, please submit letter and resume to email@example.com.