Tobacco - Employers/Businesses
As a business owner or manager, you are in a unique position to support employees’ efforts to stop smoking. Here’s how. The work environment you create can promote tobacco free living and the benefits you offer can eliminate financial barriers to getting tobacco cessation medication and counseling. By doing these things, not only are you helping your employees quit tobacco. You’re saving your business money.
For more information about what you can do, please contact us at (518) 891-5855, and we’ll be happy to connect you with resources that can help.
- How much smoking costs your company – a worksheet that will help you estimate the cost of employee smoking on your business
- How your health plan supports tobacco cessation – a worksheet to help you evaluate the quality of your health plan’s tobacco cessation benefit
- Action to Quit – sponsored by Partnership for Prevention and the NYS Smokers’ Quitline
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – a direct link to the CDC’s workplace health promotion/tobacco cessation pages
- New York State Smokers’ Quitline
- Tobacco: The Business of Quitting – An Employer’s Website for Tobacco Cessation – created by the National Business Group on Health