Position Title: Coordinator
Grant Program: Health Systems for a Tobacco Free New York
North Country Healthy Heart Network, Inc. is recruiting for a Project Coordinator to support implementation of “Health Systems Change for a Tobacco Free NY.” The goal of the project is to increase the number of health systems that establish and monitor implementation of evidence-based tobacco dependence treatment policies. The incumbent must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel throughout the service area (Clinton, Essex, Franklin and Hamilton Counties).
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) plus three years experience in a nonprofit organization, medical or behavioral health care organization. Professional behavior.
- Develop working relationships with targeted healthcare and behavioral health system administrators in Clinton, Essex, Franklin and Hamilton Counties.
- Research quality measures and reimbursement requirements that leverage integrated tobacco treatment in daily treatment.
Secure a letter of agreement or memorandum of understanding with administrators to work towards a tobacco treatment policy or standard of care and/or quality initiative.
- Identify pathways, steps and benchmarks, to achieve policy/standard of care/quality initiative.
- Present pathways for health care/behavioral health administrator review, make change and secure approval.
- Carry out identified Heart Network responsibilities identified in each MOU. These may include:
- Training: Presentations that advance administrator/provider knowledge of evidence based tobacco dependence treatment found in the Clinical Practice Guideline, Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence, 2008 Update.
- Technical assistance on how to improve office systems & electronic health records, to prompt the documentation and provision of evidence based tobacco dependence treatment.
- Promote & obtain technical assistance (e.g. from NYS Smokers’ Quitline) to integrate electronic referral to the NYS Smokers’ Quitline in system electronic health record.
- Provide incentives which may include: patient education materials, NYS Smokers’ Quitline materials and food at trainings.
- Record progress of each health system and provide periodic updates to administrators.
- Identify existing advisory boards or organizations that have influence over targeted health systems.
- Mobilize advisory boards/organizations to formally support evidence based treatment of tobacco throughout health system(s) via position statement or other means of communication.
- Partner with advisory board/organization and facilitate the sharing of the position statement internally, within the health system and publically as appropriate.
- Nurture relationships with local media representatives in order to pitch a story and disseminate information regarding tobacco control initiatives and progress.
- Draft 6 letters to the editor or opinion pieces relating to tobacco control and changes to health systems.
- Participate in Heart Network planning and program development meetings related to this grant.
- Enter work activities each week in online Heart Network reporting program.
- Report directly to the Executive Director.
- Develop good working relationship with Glens Falls Hospital Tobacco Cessation Center staff.
- Participate in planning, program development, marketing and other meetings of the North Country Healthy Heart Network, Inc.
- Draft short articles for the Heart Network monthly e-newsletter.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain ethical, professional conduct at all times.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
North Country Healthy Heart Network, Inc.
126 Kiwassa Road
Saranac Lake, NY 12983
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.