Position Title: Project Coordinator I
Position Description: The Project Coordinator I will support implementation of the Heart Network’s
‘Health Systems for Tobacco Free New York’ (HSTFNY) and ‘Creating Healthy Schools and
Communities’ (CHSC) grants. This is a full-time, grant-funded position located in Saranac Lake, NY.
1) Health Systems for a Tobacco Free NY
a) Coordination of planning for quarterly North Country Tobacco Treatment Network meetings.
b) Coordination of firstname.lastname@example.org email group.
c) Tracking and distribution of nicotine replacement therapy to participating health systems.
d) Support documentation of health system meetings and required next steps, as needed.
e) Compilation of monthly project activity reporting.
2) Creating Healthy Schools & Communities
a) Provide documentation, meeting planning, and follow-up support to school, worksite, and complete
b) Coordinate convenience store initiative.
c) Motivate partners, stakeholders and community members.
d) Support implementation of promotional campaigns for healthy eating & active living.
e) Identify new opportunities to promote healthy eating and active living.
f) Assist in the coordination and completion of evaluation and reporting requirements
g) Coordinate other grant-related activities, as assigned.
3) General Agency & Community Partnerships
a) Represent Heart Network at local and/or regional meetings, as assigned by Executive Director.
b) Participate in Heart Network activities, and contribute to the effectiveness and well-being of the
Education & Qualifications
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in health education or related field.
- Health program planning and/or coordination experience a plus.
- Knowledge of healthy eating and/or active living.
- Commitment to public health and chronic disease prevention.
- Access to a reliable source of transportation (some regional travel required).
- Professional behavior.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com